The WSCB have contracted with the Virtual College to provide 20+ online safeguarding e-learning courses. We are currently offering free access to all the courses for members of the children’s and adults workforces. We are likely to charge a nominal fee for future access due to the high cost of the contract.
To take advantage of the e-learning courses partner organisations must register their staff with Virtual College. Details of how to do this are below.
Children’s Courses currently available include:
- An introduction to Forced Marriage, Spirit Possession and Honour Based Violence
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Awareness of Child and Adult Sexual Exploitation
- Awareness of Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Trafficking, Exploitation and Modern Slavery
- Wellbeing in Sexual Health
- Collaborative Working
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Parental Mental Health
- Safe Sleeping for Babies
- Risk Taking Behaviour
- Safeguarding Children in Education
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Safer Recruitment
- Safer Working Practices
- Understanding Pathways to Extremism
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Supervision and Appraisal in Early Years
- Integrated Working and CAF
- Self Harm and Suicidal Thoughts in Children
- Safeguarding Children Refresher Training
The full programme of courses can be seen on the Virtual College e-learning system. New courses are added throughout the year.
To register your staff to be able to access the full children’s services e-learning package each organisation must complete the relevant spreadsheet from the list below and add employees names and email addresses. It is very important that details are entered correctly and on the right spreadsheet – this is so we can run accurate reports on take up and usage.
A detailed registration guide can be downloaded here:
Once you have downloaded the correct spreadsheet please complete the requested information – at least first name, surname and email address – and email the completed spreadsheet securely to Jo Smith at the WSCB. We will add the information to the Virtual College system and staff members will be emailed individually by Virtual College with details of how to log in.
The registration spreadsheets are below. If there isn’t a spreadsheet for your agency/sector or you are unsure which is the right one to use please email us: Jo Smith for assistance.
Once registered all ongoing support is provided by Virtual College through the system.