Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF)
The Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF) Model for Working with Families launched on the 30th October 2017
Find out more about SFEF
- Lover not a Fighter Campaign The Wirral Safeguarding Children Board is supporting the Lover not a Fighter campaign against Domestic Abuse. Domestic abuse can happen to anyone. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men have suffered domestic abuse. 90% is witnessed by children. Read more here
- Safer Sleep Campaign The Merseyside safe sleep campaign launched in December 2015 Merseyside’s five Safeguarding Children Boards, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral, came together to create the safe sleeping campaign to help deliver safer sleep messages across Merseyside. Read about Safer Sleep Campaign
- Together We Can Tackle Child Abuse Campaign We all have a role in protecting children from abuse, but a third of people with suspicions do nothing Read more about campaign
- Seen and Heard Campaign Read more and watch trailer
- Disrespect NoBody Campaign Find out more
WSCB Annual Report
2016-17 Read about the work of the WSCB and its Partners in our Annual Report 2016-17 Read the Report and Business Plan
- WSCB Newsletter - New! Read our new bi monthly partnership newsletter Download here
- Self Harm Awareness Day 1st March 2018 Awareness leads to understanding, and empathy banishing judgment and fear, and reducing the number of people who feel alone and suffer in silence. Raising awareness is about educating people who do not self injure / self harm, and reaching out to people who do. Find out more
- National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day 18th March 2018 Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day aims to highlight the issues surrounding CSE; encouraging everyone to think, spot and speak out against abuse and adopt a zero tolerance to adults developing inappropriate relationships with children. Find out more
Welcome to the Wirral Safeguarding Children Board
Welcome to the website for the Wirral Safeguarding Children Board. There is no more important role within any community than ensuring children and young people are safe from abuse, exploitation and harm. The Safeguarding Board has a statutory responsibility to monitor and evaluate what is done by partner agencies individually and collectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children who live in Wirral. This website has been designed to support all those who live and work in Wirral to safeguard and protect all our residents.
Report a child at risk?
If a child or young person is at risk of harm, abuse or neglect please report it to the Wirral Integrated Front Door on 0151 606 2008
9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Outside of these hours call 0151 677 6557.
In an emergency always dial 999.
The Wirral Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB) is a statutory agency established by the Children Act (2004). The WSCB is a multi-agency partnership of organisations who agree how to work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
Find out more
Training JuneJun 5Jun 7
Training JulyJul 2Jul 9
Training OctoberOct 2Oct 18