Allegations against adults working with children
• Initial consultations will be dealt with in the first instance by the Safeguarding Unit Duty Officer. They can be contacted on 0151 6664442
• Matters that proceed beyond consultation with be dealt with by Sharon Griffiths, Service Manager ([email protected])
The Local Authority Designated Officer for Allegations (LADO) must be told of allegations against adults working with children and young people within 24 hours. This includes all cases where a person is alleged to have:
- behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against, or related to, a child
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm.
If judged appropriate during the initial contact with the LADO, an Allegations Referral Form must be completed by the senior manager in full and forwarded to the LADO via email within 24 hours.
In the absence of the LADO calls will be taken by the duty safeguarding team.
The full multi-agency Managing Allegations procedure can be accessed HERE.
The LADO procedure does not replace safeguarding procedures and the Integrated Front Door must be contacted if you have a safeguarding concern about a child.
If you require advice about your agencies response to an allegation please contact your HR provider.
The LADO can only provide advice and guidance regarding allegations in relation to a person in a position of trust. Any general safeguarding enquiries or concerns should be reported to Wirral Children’s Services on 0151 606 2008 or 0151 677 6557 out of hours.
The LADO cannot provide advice to professionals subject to allegations, support and investigation updates should be sought directly from the investigating agency or employer.
LADO Forms and Guidance: