Notification of a child placed in Wirral

Statutory Notifications Of Looked After Children Placed In Wirral


Where a Looked After child is placed, moves or is discharged from placement by a local authority in the area of another local authority, notification must be made by the placing authority to the local authority’s Children’s Social Care Services where the child’s placement is located.

In turn we will inform the relevant Education Service and the relevant Health Trust in Wirral.

Wirral will maintain a register of Looked After children for whom it is responsible and all looked after children placed in its area, including those children who are the responsibility of another local authority as per the above statutory regulations.

The full procedure can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

Children’s Homes

The Manager of a Children’s Home must notify without delay the area Local Authority (if different from the placing Authority) of the admission to/discharge from the Home of any child.


Under Section 85 and 86  of the Children Act 1989 there is a requirement  that  residential or hospital based setting  must notify the  local authority  where the child is ordinarily resident  that child has been in the establishment  for 3 months or more.

There is an obligation for a suitably qualified and experienced social worker to visit the child. This is not only to ensure that the young person’s well-being is promoted and safeguarded but to also provide an additional support back to their community.

Contact us/notify us of a child placed in Wirral

To notify us of a looked after child moving to Wirral,  please ensure that a completed notification from is returned to [email protected]

Notification Form





Translate »