Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF)
Background to Supporting Families Enhancing Futures
The Wirral Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB) and partner agencies have developed a new multi-agency model for working with families called Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF). The bespoke SFEF draws on current research and practice (including the strengthening families and signs of safety approaches) to meet the recommendations detailed in Professor Eileen Munro’s report into Child Protection. The model was launched on the 30th October 2017 and has been implemented across the continuum of need from Early Help through to Child Protection.
The SFEF model for working with families is underpinned by five key principles:
- Understanding the world of the child
- Understanding the world of the adult(s)
- Recognise family strengths as well as concerns
- Engage families in the change process
- Measure change through actions and interventions
This multi-agency training introduces the model, detailing the principles and how the model will work in practice with children, young people and families. The training will also practically explore how the model will influence key multi-agency meetings such as Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups.
At the end of the training participants will have considered:
- engaging with the child and carers to establish their lived experience
- contributing to a single assessment
- participating in Initial Child Protection Conferences and multi-agency meetings
- being a member of a core/multi-agency group
- developing and delivering a child protection/CIN/TAF plan.
This event is a multi-agency event so we would respectfully ask that organisations do not book more than 3 members of their teams on one event.
Duration: full day Date: 06th March 2018 Start Time: 09:30 End Time: 04:30
Allocation: 25 Remaining allocation: 11
Register for course
Address: Wallasey Town Hall, Brighton Street, Wallasey, United Kingdom