On this page you will find a calendar and fully searchable database of all the safeguarding training courses offered by the Children and Adults Safeguarding Boards for the year through to March 2018. New courses, conferences and briefings are added to the calendar as they arise so it is advisable to check back frequently.
If you need any guidance about what training your staff need please see our new Competency Framework, which sets out the minimum expectations of staff training according to role.
All applications for the Safeguarding Board’s training needs to be made directly through the website. Before applying you must have discussed your application and gained approval from your line manager. To apply complete the online form and you will receive confirmation of your place once your line manager has approved your application.
Please ensure you are aware of our cancellation policy.
We appreciate that at times agencies may need to cancel places reserved on training courses, however this can be costly in terms of wasted resources for the Safeguarding Boards. Therefore it is expected that the following process will be observed.
You must inform us as soon as possible (and at least 3 working days before the course) if you cannot attend where a space has been reserved on training. All cancellations must be in writing, telephone cancellations will no longer be accepted. From April 2016 applicants ‘home’ agency will be charged for non- attendance at multi-agency safeguarding training where advance notice is not given. The charges for non-attendance are:
- £30 for courses or briefings up to half a day long
- £50 for full day courses
Where advance notice (3 working days) is not possible, the applicants manager must notify reasons for the non-attendance, in writing.
To cancel your place on a course, please click here and provide the date and name of the course you wish to cancel.
The Safeguarding Board in partnership with The Virtual College have created an e-learning package with a suite of up to 40 modules to compliment face to face training courses. At present this package is a free resource, subject to review after a year. If you have not yet signed up for the e-learning and would like to know more please click on the link
Terms and Conditions
By applying for training delivered by or on behalf of the Wirral Safeguarding Children Board and the Safeguarding Adult Partnership Board you are agreeing to our terms and conditions which in summary are:
- You agree to attend the training or to give us at least 3 working days notice if you cannot attend
- If you are unable to attend another colleague from your organisation may attend the training in your place (if it is appropriate for them to do so)
- If you do not give adequate notice and/or a colleague doesn’t attend in you place your organisation will be charged for non-attendance at the amounts detailed above
- You agree to participate in the safeguarding boards evaluation of the impact of your attendance at the course – this will include your agreement to complete impact questionnaires immediately following the training and 3 months after the training with attendance at a focus group 4-6 months after attendance.
- You agree to participate in the training and to abide by the ‘ground rules’ established at your course
Safeguarding Training Enquiries
For general enquiries about training please email us by clicking here
Alternatively you can contact the Safeguarding Training Officer by calling: 0151 666 4505