About the SAPB
The Wirral Safeguarding Adults Board is a partnership of statutory and non-statutory organisations. It has an Independent Chair providing independent leadership to support the Board’s strategic direction.
The Board works to ensure that all agencies work together to minimise the risk of abuse and to protect adults at risk effectively when abuse has or may have occurred. The Board is committed to learning from experience and to a process of continuous improvement.
Following the introduction of the Care Act 2014 the Safeguarding Adults Board has a number of core duties:
- To set and own the strategic direction for multi- agency developments, improvements in practice and local safeguarding arrangements
- To ensure common policies for safeguarding exist between agencies and that these are consistently applied
- To produce an annual strategic plan and report progress towards this plan on an annual basis through the publication of an Annual Report
- To undertake Safeguarding Adult Review
The Board adheres to the requirements within the Care Act 20144 which brought Adult Safeguarding onto a statutory footing for the first time.
The Board agreed four key priorities for 2015-2016. These are;
- Adults who may be at risk are safe, outcomes are improved and they feel safe
- Partnership arrangements for Safeguarding adults in Wirral are improved
- A range of responses are developed to enable earlier identification of need and provision of support through preventative measures
- The implementation of the Multi-Agency Domestic Abuse Strategy ensures professionals are equipped to quickly respond to domestic abuse in all its forms
In order to progress these priorities the Board has a number of sub-groups. These are:
- Case Review Panel
- Performance, Policy and Practice
- Communications and Engagement
- Learning & Development (Joint Children and Adults sub group)
- Domestic Abuse (Joint Children & Adults sub group)
- Channel Panel (Joint Children & Adults sub group)
Full structure of the Wirral Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board can be seen here: