Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF)
Background to Supporting Families Enhancing Futures
The Wirral Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB) and partner agencies have developed a new multi-agency model for working with families called Supporting Families Enhancing Futures (SFEF). The bespoke SFEF draws on current research and practice (including the strengthening families and signs of safety approaches) to meet the recommendations detailed in Professor Eileen Munro’s report into Child Protection. This model will initially be rolled out for Child Protection conferences and reviews in the autumn, ahead of being introduced across the continuum of need in early 2018.
The SFEF model for working with families is underpinned by five key principles:
- Understanding the world of the child
- Understanding the world of the adult(s)
- Recognise family strengths as well as concerns
- Engage families in the change process
- Measure change through actions and interventions
This multi-agency training will introduce the model, detailing the principles and how the model will work ‘in practice’ with children, young people and families. The training will also practically explore how the model will influence key multi-agency meetings such as Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups.
At the end of the training participants will:
- have a clear understanding of the new SFEF model, including its development and theoretical background
- understand how the model is being introduced and applied, initially, to the child protection process
- be aware of agency and professional’s responsibilities to applying the model including an understanding of the principles
- gain confidence about working with children, young people and families within the model to improve outcomes
- have experienced the practical application of the model in a multi-agency meeting setting
This event is a multi-agency event so we would respectfully ask that organisations do not book more than 3 members of their teams on one event.
Duration: Full day Date: 01st December 2017 Start Time: 09:30 End Time: 04:30
Allocation: 25 Remaining allocation: 14
Register for course
Address: Wallasey Town Hall, Brighton Street, Wallasey, United Kingdom