Neglect and the Graded Care Profile
The understanding and assessing neglect course allows practitioners to consider the causes and effects of neglect and how we can measure its impact and intervene as early as possible. It provides practitioners with an opportunity to use the Graded Care Profile via a case study exercise.
Participants attending should have a general awareness of Safeguarding and have previously attended single agency in house training.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the day participants will have the knowledge of:
• Legal definitions of neglect
• Signs and Symptoms of neglect
• The impact of neglect at different ages
• The Police response to neglect
• Barriers to reporting
• The implications of a “Fresh Start” approach
• How to assess neglect using the Graded Care Profile
• How to develop a plan of intervention using the Graded care profile
• Thresholds of neglect and the referral pathway across the continuum of need.
This event is a multi-agency event so we would respectfully ask that organisations do not book more than 3 members of their teams on one event.
Duration: Full day Date: 09th November 2017 Start Time: 09:30 End Time: 04:30
Allocation: 25 Remaining allocation: 0
Register for course
Address: Wallasey Town Hall, Wallasey, United Kingdom