Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) 1/2 day Training
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS MOST SUITABLE FOR SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND EDUCATIONAL PROVIDERS
THERE IS A CHARGE OF £75.00 per person FOR ATTENDING THE COURSE
The Designated Safeguarding Lead course is aimed at Senior Leads from schools, colleges and educational providers with responsibility for safeguarding to fulfill their DSL statutory requirements.
The course will focus on:
- The role and main responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead and key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding and safeguarding in schools and colleges
- Ensuring delegates know how to respond effectively to a child who reports abuse and understand the barriers that prevent children from disclosing abuse
- The referral process into children’s social care and what role the school or college has in multi-agency processes to safeguard children
- Raising awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding children
- Identify ways in which a safeguarding lead can support and nurture staff
To reserve a place please use the online form below. Please also contact Amanda Waterfall at WSCB [email protected] with any queries.
Duration: half_day Date: 14th June 2019 Start Time: 09:30 End Time: 12:55
Allocation: 20 Remaining allocation: 20
Register for course
Address: Wallasey Town Hall, Brighton Street, Wallasey, UK